Friday, June 15, 2012

"La Tirana"


My plans for the winter break are to travel to the Tirana's Festival. This is a religious festival in honor of the Virgin of the Carmen that celebrates the 16th of July in the town of La Tirana, region of Tarapacá, Chile. 

In the festival can enjoy the dances, the colors, the disguises, the rites and above all the wonderful music of the carnival. Among the dances that are carried out are the "Caporales", the "Diabladas", the "Morenadas" among others. Also the beautiful north of Chile can be known and all the traditions of that region.
I would like to go there because I love the carnival and the Andean music, and is a plan that has with my friends a long time ago. I dance in a carnival organization and interest me a lot of to be able to continue learning about the carnivals that exist in our country.
High possibilities exist than can go to the festival, only lacks to have a little more than money and desires to go and to pass it very very well, enjoying absolutely all.

4 comments:

  1. woow I like so much La Tirana, and I'd like to go there too. It must be an exciting experience.

    great post

    kiss !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woww! so wonderful!
    I hope you go and tell us your travel hahaha
    Good luck little silent woman !
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love La Tirana, I visited that town years ago
    and it´s a beautiful town. I also visited the church.
    I really hope you can go girl!

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete